www.serenetll.blogspot.com

Monday, May 06, 2013

Taiwan - Day 1

Taiwan - Day 1 (10-16Apr2013)

Finally another trip with my parents after a year passed and this time we are going for a Free & Easy trip since we didn't like to travel with tour. This is the first time I did so much research to ensure a smooth trip and hope that my parents will be able to enjoy this getaway. I have been to Taipei so its nothing new to me, however this time I planned to visit Taichung, CingJing and HuaLien as well.

Arrived in Taoyuan International Airport and first thing is to get a data sim card. I did some research on the different telecom and decided to get my sim card from Chunghwa Telecom as they offer cheaper pricing for  7days data plan. It's necessary for me to use internet during overseas as I need to locate directions using google map and not forgetting to update my social network.
After getting my sim card, we went to UBUS counter to purchase tickets for bus 1623 which will took about 2hrs to reach Taichung from TaoYuan Airport.

Alighted the bus at ZhaoMa station and took a cab to our accommodation in Taichung.
We stayed in Tomato Rooms since it's near to FengJia night market. The price is more than worth it with a night for 3pax only cost 1880NTD (sgd$80) during weekdays. The room is awesome with the size, cleanliness and location.



We rested awhile in our rooms before heading to Yi Zhong Jie which have the same concept like night market. I find it not worth to travel there if you only have a night stay in Taichung as FengJia night market is big enough for you to shop and eat all the street foods. We tried some street foods at Yi Zhong Jie and traveled to Zi You Rd, a place famous with their Tai Yang Bing (Sun Cake). However, I am quite disappointed with the taste of the sun cake that I tried and decided to purchase other brands on the last few days in Taipei.




Cheese大雞排






Then we headed back to FengJia night market for shopping. I bought some covered shoes which are make in Taiwan as it is seriously damn comfortable and it only cost about 150-175NTD.
I tried a lot of street foods in Taichung and those that I tried are mostly recommended based on my research. I know I won't be able to eat so much if I ended up trying all the street foods so I did a research on all those street foods that is a must to try in different night market.

Street foods to try in FengJia Night Market:
  • 黄金右腿
  • 鯛魚燒
  • 官芝霖大肠包小肠
  • 熊手包
  • 爆漿蝦
  • 爆漿大雞排


黄金右腿



鯛魚燒





官芝霖大肠包小肠


We didn't expect a cold weather in Taiwan, it was super cold at night when the wind blew so mummy decided to get a wind breaker coat as she couldn't stand the temp. However Dad and I decided to bear with it since it's a waste of money buying those coat which will not be needed at all in Singapore.
Spent 3hours shopping in FengJia night market which was totally not enough as there are many more shops that we didn't explore. However, it was quite late and some shops are closing so we decided to end our day and headed back to Tomato Rooms.

No comments: