www.serenetll.blogspot.com

Monday, May 20, 2013

Taiwan - Day 6

Taiwan - Day 6

Our last full day in Taiwan and I am feeling so depressed to return back to SG. I love to travel around since I always get to explore new things and experience different culture. The best things is to get my shopping done and of course the yummy food to fill my stomach.

First stop of our day, we went to have our breakfast at Ah Zong Mian Xian. The place that everybody know to have their Mian Xian in Ximending.


If you are in Taipei, you should never miss trying their beef noodle so we traveled to Dongmen station and walked to have our lunch at Yong Kang Beef Noodle. The beef texture is really good and also the soup is not too thick, you will definitely finish the whole bowl. Do avoid peak hours or you will have to queue for it.




Since we are at YongKang area, I decided to have some desserts after our meal and we settled down at Smoothie House for their yummy mango shaved ice.



After filling our stomach with lots of food, we headed off to tourist attraction - Chiang Kai Siek Memorial Hall. Dad was so happy when he saw the exhibition for Teresa Teng since he was a fan of her. We then walked around in the memorial hall looking at the history that both my parents enjoyed while I am getting a lil bored.

































After that we headed off to the next tourist attraction - Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall but we were late and the exhibition was closed. However, it was still not a waste trip because this is the best place to take a photo of Taipei 101.



As it was still early, I decided to bring my parents to have some ice cream at Big Tom while waiting for the sky to turn dark to get the perfect view of the light up Taipei 101. I have been to Big Tom during my previous trip in 2011 and I really love the texture of their ice cream.


And finally! Time to get a good photo of Taipei 101!


Last stop of the day is for shopping - Shilin Night Market!!!! The best part of the day!!
Shilin is consider the largest night market in Taipei and you will expect a lot of tourists. The yummy big fried chicken that you should not miss at there.




Tried the white bitter gourd with honey and is not that bad compared to the green one







After a long day of shopping and exploring Taiwan, finally we are back at our hotel - ECFA Wan Nian. The hotel is cheap but I find it not too clean. Still is worth to get this hotel if you are on budget.

The shopping loots I got today~


No comments: