www.serenetll.blogspot.com

Monday, March 11, 2013

Bangkok - Day 1

Bangkok - Day 1 (24-27Feb2013)

My first trip with my poly classmates which also to celebrate our graduation from poly.
I felt different from all my previous overseas trip, it just seems like I am in school with all my friends but in fact we are all out in another country.


Bangkok is so common nowadays for the girls to have a short shopping getaway, therefore most of us will have know which places to go for our shopping.
Everyone will know Chatuchak Weedend Market, and the first stop after we arrived at Bangkok was to make our way down after checking into Budacco Hotel.

Since it only open during weekend and my previous Bangkok trip I didn't get to visit this place so I am gonna make full use of the first day which was a Sunday to have a good shopping.
It ended up quite disappointingly when most of the apparels didn't attract me or else those that attracted me cost about sgd$15-20.
I don't really buy apparels that cost sgd$15 and above whenever I am in Bangkok, I will only get it unless the materials and designs really worth it but the maximum will still be sgd$20.

The main issue of Chatuchak is the heat that you gonna bear with it as Bangkok are normally quite hot which means you have to shop under the temp of 34-36 degree. I can't even enjoy my shopping when I am sweating and even make me feel sick under the sun.
We separated with the guys and do our own shopping for almost 4hrs at Chatuchak. In the end, I bought only a dress from the 4hrs of shopping.
Got this popular coconut ice cream during our shopping, its great to have something cold in such a sunny day. 



We almost got lost when meeting the guys but luckily still managed to find each other after an hour.
We settle down for our dinner at one of the road stalls in Chatuchak. After long hours of shopping and directly under the sun, all of us was really exhausted.

However, its still not the end yet since we already traveled to Chatuchak so we decided to shop at Union Mall which was nearby. Spent 2hrs shopping in Union Mall, it quite similar to Platinum Mall but still I didn't get much apparels from the mall.

We then headed to Siam Paragon to have our dinner while I met Annie there to catch up. It was pretty long ago since I last saw her so we ended up chatted for quite a while.

After our dinner, she brought us to the massage shop that she previously brought me there as well. It was a good massage place however I didn't took a picture of the shop. This entire trip was more about shopping and lesser on photo-taking. I didn't even brought my dslr along since it will be really heavy carrying around.

Ended our day with foot massage + shoulder and neck massage before cabbing back to our hotel. Something great about Bangkok taxi is about the cheap pricing and we could even squeeze 6 of us in the taxi so it will not be troublesome for us when separated.

No comments: