www.serenetll.blogspot.com

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Korea - Day 1

Korea - Day 1 (25-31Mar2012)


My first oversea trip with tour, its sound good when you save the troubles from researching and planning for a trip.
However, I didn't enjoyed going with tour group. I still prefer free and easy!!!!!
Anyway bought the Korea Tour Package during NATAS fair from Five Star Tour, which cost about $1700 per pax.
The price is not that expensive since we are flying by Singapore Airline and guess what, this is my first time boarding SIA which make me super excited about the airplane.

Its about 10 degrees celsius and below in Korea during that period so even before arriving Korea, we had already spent a lot buying winter weather necessities.
My luggage was almost half full due to all the thick clothing! 
It was a 8D6N Korea trip with Mummy and Daddy as my brothers could not make it.

Flight Departure at Changi Airport Terminal 3! I didn't thought that I would be able to departure through T3 as the departures are all for expensive airlines. All my previous oversea trips were fly by Tiger Airways and once by Thai Airways, till now I still prefer flying budget for short hours flight.



What really standout from their Singapore Airline is their best customer service! I can't forget how thoughtful of them to check with my mum whether was she not feeling well as she requested a cup of warm water.
Every passenger will have a small screen which provide entertainments like dramas, songs, movies and etc. 
Boarding time was in the night and I thought that I would be able to sleep in the flight but i can't fall asleep no matter how hard i tried so in the end i watched movies in the airplane and listened to songs.



Duration of the flight was about 6hours and finally we arrived at Incheon Airport about 6am! Seriously I can't stand it staying in the flight for 6hours when I couldn't fall asleep! Damn tired and I could not even check in to hotel for rest because I am with TOUR!!!!!!!!!!


First place to visit - ICE GALLERY

Did ice sculpting when we reached, everyone of us have to sculpt a cup.
Follow by entering their Ice Gallery which is all made of ice, you can see all sorts of stuffs like computer, bed, slides and etc.











After Ice Gallery, we proceed to Gimpo Airport to catch a flight to Jeju by Korean Air. This is the part which really scares me, when we were in the departure hall waiting for our plane. Daddy actually lost his bag which his passport was inside, at that moment, I thought I am going to stuck there. I went around to search for it, luckily the airport staffs helped him to keep it as daddy forgot to take his bag and left it on the chair next to the baggage check.



Arrived at Jeju and proceed to collect our luggage, guess what happened again!
This time is super serious!! My parents went to use the restroom while waiting for our luggage.
Suddenly, the whole tour start to walk towards the exit and I don't even know the anybody names in the tour yet so I thought they will have at least wait for us outside the exit when they realize that one family is not around.

When my parents came out, I quickly told them to walk out and check whether they are still around.
I really went lost when I can't even see a single people from our tour and not even our tour guide! I tried checking with the customer service to seek for help but they don't really understand when I spoke to them in English. Daddy and Mummy started to follow the crowd and walked toward the left side, seriously at that moment I can't think of what to do if I can't find back the tour.

If it was at Seoul, it might still be better but I am at Jeju! I quickly stopped my parents from continue walking towards the left because we won't know where is the tour bus. I told them to walk back to our arrival gate so that if the tour realize that we are not around will come back to look for us.
I quickly tried calling the emergency numbers given on the Five Star Tour itinerary but nobody picked up my calls and I don't even have the tour guide contact number!! I started chanting and prayed that the tour guide will be back soon to look for us. Its freaking scary at that moment and I almost burst into tears!

After a few minutes... 
FORTUNATELY, the tour guide appeared and I was relieved if not I got no ideas how to handle all the problems. This is when I started to feel embarrassed when I got up the bus as the whole tour were waiting for us, but they are all in fault too. The tour guide didn't make a head count and the other families didn't even notice that we were not around. They almost left the airport as when we followed the tour guide out, the bus was actually quite a distance away. This incident was also part of the reason why I don't like TOUR! 

Next, LUNCH TIME @ YIRE KOREAN RESTAURANT !


Love the green kimchi pancake! Nice! 

MYSTERIOUS ROAD
This is named as mysterious road because vehicles move uphill even with the engine turned off and after researching through internet, I realize that it is an optical illusion.
When we reached that road, our tour bus turned off the engine to let us experience this mysterious road.





Jeju statue. You can see this at many places

O'SULLOC GREEN TEA MUSEUM
The entire building takes the shape of a green tea cup. The museum consist of tea cup gallery, Korea traditional tea culture, gift shop and a cafe.
When I stepped into the museum, it is filled with all sort of different tea cups.
The only part that catch my attention is the gift shop and cafe! Time to shop for gifts and also get some small bites.







Time to get some souvenirs! 



Yummy Green Tea Roll Cake and Ice Cream



HALLA ARBORETUM
Next, we proceed to this so call botanical garden with many different kind of trees and plants.
A place for photo taking with your love ones.









DINNER TIME!

Saba fish for dinner~

YONGDUAM ROCK
Situated in the north of Jeju, with beautiful sea view. However, it is super duper cold when we reached there! You can feel that you are freezing as the wind continuously blowing towards you.
Throughout the entire trip with Five Star Tour, this place is the coldest due to the strong wind.













Lastly, time to have a good rest after a long day! Stayed at JEJU PACIFIC HOTEL for the 2 nights in Jeju. 1 more nights in Jeju before flying back to Gimpo



No comments: